Tuesday, May 8, 2007

5 Reasons To Work From Home (or call in sick)

There as so many reasons to actually work from home (something I have the privilege of doing), I had trouble only picking five. Okay, I know there are some of you out there who think that the only reason I had trouble picking five was because I love to run my mouth. My response? So what? *CHEESE* Enough stalling, here's what you've been waiting for:

Top 5 Reasons Working From Home Improves Your Health (of course they're in no particular order)

  • Work in your pajamas/don't have to get dressed. What does this have to do with health? Well women especially can appreciate this since foot health is enhanced. There's something to be said about no longer having to worry about high heel induced corns/bunions on your toes.
  • Less weight gain. No more fast food lunches. Not to mention office potlucks followed by continuously sitting on an ever spreading rear end (or "sit down place" as we grew up saying in my family) are now shifted to the past.
  • Stress Levels/Blood Pressure become lower. Since office politics and gossip are reasons for now ex coworkers going postal, you can breathe a sigh of relief. After all, you're sitting comfortably at home.
  • Cultivate a more positive family environment. Now you have more time to spend with your family and have the time to take an active part in your child(ren)'s education. Better yet, Billy and Susie don't have to break into their piggy banks to hire actors for "Parents Day" at school.
  • Promotes Respiratory Health. Now that your commute is gone you're not only saving the environment but your lungs too. No sitting in traffic breathing in the fumes of that old truck in front of you.
Here's a bonus reason (yeah I know it was only supposed to be 5):
Joint Health: You're no longer jumping through hoops to win that coveted "Employee Of The Month" parking spot. Hallelujah! No more mad dashes for the last decent parking space. That's a two fold reason right there. Why? That also means no more "life comes at you hard" moments when you're trying to park and a coworker tries to swoop in at the same time.

POST NOTE:

Thanks to Darren at ProBlogger for inviting us to submit our TOP 5 lists. Hey if you have a Top 5 click on the link and get your shot at winning $1001USD!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol @ hiring actors for Parents Day

I'm also very grateful I can work from home. I know my son and I have a special relationship because of it.

Anonymous said...

great top five I like the family one especially because so often work many hours and forget about our family. When you work at home they are right there so it is hard to forget them

Anonymous said...

this post is too true to be true :)

mynameislina said...

Owhhh I so envy you!!!
I wanna work from home to but I don't think it will work with the job I'm having now :(

~OHSucker~ said...

Thanks for the comments my adoring fans...yes I'm stuck in the celebrity light of a health nut. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great top five and something I am working towards!

Anonymous said...

I love working from home because I am such a homebody. I just love being at home and being able to work comfortably. Not sure if you remember my post on irritable co-workers, but that was the truth. Some people can be sooooo annoying in the workplace. Good job on the Top 5 invite too!

Sasha Byrd said...

This is an awesome article, and its all so true.

I LOVE working from home. I am so happy I was able to find a company where I have the ability to stay home AND have the financial freedom I want.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.