Saturday, March 24, 2007

A New Way To Live


I'm sitting here at approximately 230a EST thinking about health and why we're so obsessed with it all of a sudden. Well not really all of a sudden but it's attention grabbing enough to be noticed. Right? Right! Anyway, I found that as I read an article (ok, ok a blog post) regarding the longer lives of Black folk (uggh I don't particularly care for the term African American referring to African descendants in America but that's another topic altogether), I couldn't help but think that much of this newfound life longevity is due to this "health craze". Don't get me wrong, I'm a recovered junk food/fast food junkie myself...you won't catch me near two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun (mmmmmm Big Mac....let me go dig out those Boca Burgers). Look at that...mention food and I get all off track. Maybe continuing this discussion on another line will help me regain focus.

Ahhh....perfect. So yes, between little changes like the "New Vegetarianism Movement", "Spiritual Clarity", getting rid of the "Creamy Crack Addiction" and a little "Herbal Healing" this health thing is proving to have a decidedly profound effect on our lives (and not just Black folk not having as high a rate of "sugar" aka "Diabetes" to the Ebonically challenged). I can honestly say it's no longer a trend or a fad. It's become a way of life....

No comments: