Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thatsa Mighty Good Pizza

Contrary to popular belief, pizza is actually one of the healthier take out foods. That's a good thing for me especially since I love me some pizza. YUM! With so many varieties, I'm willing to bet you can eat pizza everyday for a year and not have the same combination twice.

For healthier pizza choices you want to stay close to loads of veggies, no extra cheese (as hard as that is), shrimp, clams, chicken and fruit (you've got to try pineapple chicken pizza!). Tofu and tempeh actually make pretty good additions to your healthy pizza choices as well.

Pizza is also a quick and easy, fulfilling meal. Feel free to express your creativity with pizza dough as your canvas. Trust me, you won't be sorry. One of my favorite "make your own pizza" recipes is Pineapple Citrus Chicken with Spinach and Feta Cheese. I know it sounds like there's a lot going on but the first time I "accidentally" made this I was smacking my lips for days. It's real easy to make too. Here's what you'll need:

A Pizza Shell (Di'Giorno or Boboli)
Tomato Sauce
Shredded Cheese
Feta Cheese
Grilled Chicken Strips marinated in Orange Juice, cut up
Pineapple Chunks, drained
Frozen Spinach, thawed

You know what to do: throw everything together and bake for about 20 minutes or so. DELICIOUS!

No comments: