Monday, April 16, 2007

A Better Natural Deodorant

I know many of you may have tried a natural deodorant or two ever since the news came out that aluminum found in many other deodorants was linked to Alzheimer's Disease. Like me, you may have been disappointed with the lack of antiperspirant deodorants in the natural category. It was a hit or miss for the most part. Rarely could we find a natural deodorant that was both a deodorant and an antiperspirant. In fact, most natural deodorants state that you may want to back it up with talc or body powder. WHAT? I don't know about you but I'm not feeling rubbing deodorant on my underarms then having to find a body powder (that also has a scent that doesn't clash) and have to rub that on my underarms too. No thank you!

So what's an aluminum avoiding, natural deodorant seeking, person to do?

Well you could either do the deodorant/body powder combo or you can take a swipe at Oyin Handmade's Funk Butter. I've been a user of Funk Butter since it was introduced to the many Oyin fans a couple of years ago. Let me tell you, this natural deodorant certainly does the trick! It keeps you dry and keeps the funk away. Applying this cream to powder deodorant takes a little getting used to (you don't want to apply too much at once). In fact, I'd say that's one of the only cons to this "should be" staple. The only other thing I can think of is that it doesn't come in more than 3 scents (unscented, fig and coco mango), because once you try it you'll definitely want to get more than one. A word of warning, the Coco Mango scent may not be for those who are wearing tank tops or halters...you'll be hard pressed NOT to lick at your underarms!! LOL

Give Funk Butter a shot (if you've just shaved you may want to wait a day or two since your skin is irritated from the shaving). It's definitely worth the $4.50 it costs and it lasts for quite a while! Once you try it out come back and let me know what you thought.

No comments: