Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Meme Reading: The Elite 12

BigRayvin of Truth & Opinion has sent out a meme to a few elite bloggers. Guess who made the list? Yep you guessed it...lil' ol healthy me! So according to the good ol' meme I'm posting my Reading list for the year one book a month for the next 12 months. Now since I'm an avid reader anyway, this list is going to be a bit of a challenge because if you read BigRayvin's post I get the impression that we should be posting books designed to increase our knowledge/business acumen (I guess those Romance novels may have to take a back seat for a minute).

OHSucker's 12 in 12 Reading List

  1. Girl, Get Your Money Straight
  2. Girl, Get Your Credit Straight (notice the theme here? lol)
  3. In The Name Of Allah: A History Of Clarence 13X and The 5 Percenters (at 460something pages it may take me a year to read this. Just kidding)
  4. Little Green Book Of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence and Sell Your Point of View to Others
  5. The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable
  6. Do You! 12 Laws to Access the Power in You to Achieve Happiness and Success
  7. The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World
  8. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (I've been meaning to get this for a long time)
  9. Never Mind Success- Go For Greatness!
  10. The Covenant With Black America (another book I've been meaning to get for the longest)
  11. Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices & Priorities of a Winning Life(I absolutely LOVE Tony Dungy so of course this is on my list)
  12. You Play To Win The Game: Leadership Lessons for Success On and Off the Field
There you have it! My reading list...now to be honest it may not take me a year to read these but...

In the spirit of meme I'm going to do a little tagging of my own and invite my elite list to carry on the reading meme!

afrobella, msdanielle, YAR, ND and Kimberly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice list! I will definitely come up with some good ones too. Thanks for tagging me!

~OHSucker~ said...

You're welcome! I know you'll come up with something good...I can't wait. LOL

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I'm too busy to read leisurely. You should see how big my Amazon wish list is. Not enough time to read 'em, not enough money to buy 'em. What a wonderful life.