Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Top 10 Healthy Snacks

Anyone that knows me will tell you that I'm a professional snacker. Not being careful could seriously lead to dunlaps disease (where my stomach "done lapped" over my jeans). That's definitely not a good look at anytime, much less with summer fast approaching. I knew in order to "preserve my healthy", I either had to rein in the snacking or find healthier snacks. I guess this list pretty much tells you which of those options I chose. Without further ado, (in no particular order) I present to you:

My Top 10 List of Healthy Snacks

Bear Naked Granola
Fruit (Fresh, Frozen, Dried)
TasteGreatJerkyNow (JD) Jerky
Veggies (Raw, also with a light dip)
Popcorn (no, extra butter and bright orange doesn't count)
Nuts/Sunflower Seeds
Power Pops (actually stymies over snacking...very good in my case)
Organic Dark Chocolate (Remember the Chocolate For Health post?)
Terra Chips
Sorbet

As you can see, I like variety, which really is the "spice of life". The great thing about healthy snacking is that there are many options. An important component to staying healthy is that you actually change it up a bit. Eat what you like. If you have no idea where to begin this list is a good starting point. I don't mind. I share information but rarely do I share my snacks. I've been known to give you just a taste and watch you salivate over the rest. Ok, I'm not really that bad. Or am I?



2 comments:

lovelyjd said...

Wow! You truly are ONE HEALTHY sucker!! I have heard about bear naked but never tried it. When I get back from my vacation this weekend, it will be time to start eating right and getting in shape.

Thanks for the tips!!

~OHSucker~ said...

"I thought I told ya" (that's my Mystikal impression) LOL! Bear Naked Granola is OFF THE CHAIN!! My favorite is Fruit&Nut. I think you'll really like it. In eating healthy, I don't deny myself anything. I just eat in moderation. That's the key because once you start denying yourself you'll set yourself up to "fail" since you always seem to "want what you can't have". Hmmm...I'll have to add that to my "Cheating" post.