Sunday, April 1, 2007

Good Burning

Burning natural wax candles is a great way to make a healthier change in your life. What's more? If you're feeling particularly thrifty, you can also use the melted wax as a massage oil. Talk about multipurpose and getting the most out of your money!

So exactly what is it that I love about natural wax, particularly soy and soy blends? Well, I don't know about you but I don't breathe well in toxic, carcinogenic environments. But hey if that's your thing who am I to say otherwise, right? Oh wait, it IS my job to promote a healthier way of living. That's my bag baby (in my best Austin Powersaccent).

I know there are many of you out there who haven't really thought that something so simple as candle burning could have some kind of adverse affect on your health. I know I was in that category until I was schooled on what I was really smelling. And let me tell you, there's something about knowing that you're breathing in toxins that just doesn't smell that sweet after all.

A few other things I love about soy and soy blend candles is the fact that they burn longer, clean up wtih hot soapy water, have a stronger scent throw and support our farmlands. How about that?

Ok I'm not going to turn this into a soy candle commercial. I'm just doing my job– sharing with you healthier ways to live your everyday lives. Guess what? Natural wax candle burning is a good start!

No comments: